5 Ways Verizon FiOS is Raising the Bar
For a long time there have been only two choices when it comes to Internet service: dial up, or broadband. Now the introduction of the new Verizon FiOS fiber optic Internet connection has raised the bar and given consumers a new choice when it comes to fast and reliable Internet service. Verizon FiOS is leading the way in the technological overhaul of the communications industry to make Internet service, phone service and digital TV service much more accessible to everyone and more reliable. Verizon FiOS has raised the bar for Internet services in five ways:
1. Innovation – The Verizon FiOS network is the first multi media communication network build on a fiber optic frame. Satellite and cable companies that offer broadband Internet service still use outdated copper wiring as the frame for their networks, and dial up providers still use landline phone wiring. Fiber optics allows the Verizon FiOS Internet service to be faster and more reliable than traditional broadband. Using fiber optics is still new in the mass technology field and Verizon is the first company to undertake the development of an entirely fiber optic network.
2. Cost - Even though the cost of building a huge fiber optic network was immense, the Verizon FiOS Internet service is available to consumers for about the same price as traditional broadband Internet service. In many places people that sign up for the Verizon FiOS Internet service actually pay less than they would pay for slower satellite DSL or cable Internet service. Cost is a big issue for a lot of people when it comes to Internet service. Verizon knows that value is important to customers and offers great introductory pricing deals, specially priced service bundles, and other options that will help people save money on their services.
3. Speed – There is no comparison between Verizon FiOS Internet service and cable or satellite Internet service when it comes to speed. The top tier speed for most cable companies is about 8 mega bytes per second. The lowest speed of Verizon FiOS is 5 mega bytes per second, so the lowest Verizon speed is almost as fast as the fastest cable Internet connection. And the Verizon FiOS Internet service can go up to a whopping 30 mega bytes per second. That is the fastest Internet connection on the consumer market today.
4. Availability – The Verizon FiOS Internet service is still being rolled out in some areas because of complications from franchise agreements but the company is working on being able to offer Verizon FiOS high speed Internet service to customers all over the country. Satellite Internet can be difficult to some areas and in other areas national cable conglomerates have been the only choice consumers have had for Internet service. Soon that will change as the Verizon FiOS Internet service becomes more readily available.
5. Technology – The Verizon FiOs Internet service combined with the Verizon FiOs digital TV service and digital VOIP phone service uses equipment that is on the cutting edge of technology to give their customers more choices, better service, faster Internet, and great prices with easy to use and understand equipment.
Verizon FiOS has raised the bar in many ways as they change the way consumers access the internet, phone service and digital TV.
Learn more about Verizon FiOSBack to Verizon FiOS Articles